Written by: Admin_SheEvo
As someone who met her husband through internet dating, I can say for a fact that it can and does work. However, this is not always the case. Especially with so many fake dating profiles, cat-fishers and even kidnappers around. Which is why we thought we should share some tips and tricks to use when internet dating.
- Be safe and don't give out your address: This may seem obvious but sharing your address with a stranger is a no no. At least until you get to know the person better.
- Don't share your banking details or give money: We've all heard the horror stories of women falling in love online then sharing their banking details with strangers or even giving them money. Regardless, no matter how in love you are it is important to not share bank details or send money to someone online. No matter how sad or believable their story seems.
- Have your first few meetings somewhere public so as to protect yourself and make sure to let friends and family know where you are meeting incase something goes wrong
- Don't go home with someone you met online until you have had a few dates.
- As someone who enjoys a good glass of wine or two, I know how easy it can be to get tipsy or drunk when out. But when you are meeting someone for the first time, make sure to watch your drinks.
What are some other safety tips you can think of to take when online dating?