Written by: Admin_SheEvo
You can probably tell by now that I have a deep love for eggs and breakfast in general. As the name suggest, breakfast is all about breaking the fast after not eating all night. Which is why I like to ensure what I put into my body can set me up for the rest of the day. And eggs and bacon a sure fire way to do that. This particular dish was inspired by a dish I had at a restaurant not too long ago. And since lockdown has meant restaurants have been closed. One thing that has been on my mind most mornings is this delicious, creamy and tasty open sandwich. Great thing is that it can be served either warm or cold depending on your mood and the weather.
So grab some eggs, bacon and a few other bits and bobs and give this one a try. I promise you will not regret it.
What you will need
- One boiled egg (warm or at room temperature)
- 2-3 strips of bacon
- 2 Tablespoons of good quality mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon of freshly chopped herbs (I like chives for this recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A slice of toast
- A small side salad of your choice
- Cut egg up into bite size pieces
- Add the mayo, fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste
- Spread mixture onto toast
- Top off with fried bacon slices
- Serve with side salad or alone and enjoy