Written by: Admin_SheEvo
There is no better time than now to put your best face forward. This means taking care of your skin the best way possible using the most effective ingredients, information and tools on the market. With so many celebrities launching skincare lines (we’re looking at you Rihanna), to being forced to be more active in our self care routines due to COVID. Knowing what products to use and how is a must. Here are some of our predictions for skincare trends that will be big in 2021.
- Steam: This is an oldie but goodie. And whilst the idea of using steam for your face is not a new one. Thanks to celebrities like Jada Pinkett Smith sharing her at home skincare facial routine that includes steaming her face a few times. Now more than ever, steaming is the new sexy. Not only to help unclog pores. But also to give your skin that hydration from within. Wether you choose to go the old fashioned way of covering your face with a towel over a pot of boiling water. Or going one step further and investing in an at home facial steamer. This is one trend that is here to stay.
- Blue light protection: As someone who spends a good amount of time in front of the screen. I am intrigued by all the products and ingredients to protect my eyes and face from blue lights (light that screens emit).
- Hand cream: If you are adhering by the current health care rules and washing and/or sanitizing your hands often then chances are your hands are a little worse for wear. Which is why hand serums, creams and sleeping gloves are selling out so fast.
- Refillable skincare lines: We love an environmentally friendly brand and even more so when it comes from one of our girl crushes Rihanna. As if launching her unisex skincare line Fenty Skin was not enough. Rihanna went one step further and made her packaging refillable. Other celebrities have since followed suit with the idea and now you don’t have to worry about all the waste your beauty products cause.
- Lip and chin care: With chin and lip acne on the rise thanks to masks, more and more of us are looking for ways to combat mask skin. Which is why there has been a big emphasis on products for your lips and chin. From serums to scrubs and everything in between. Just because people only see half your face now, it does not mean you should neglect the other half.
- Probiotic friendly skincare: If you are as obsessed with gut health as we are. Then you will be happy to hear about this growing trend. Probiotic skincare. Whilst the concept is not entirely new. It does offer the same rebalancing power probiotics offer our gut health. And as a natural occurring ingredient, means you don’t have to slather your face with chemicals to get fresh dewy skin.