Written by: Admin_SheEvo
No one knows about pushing their body beyond what seems normal than I do. As a workout junkie, I love nothing more than a good sweat session. Which is why when it comes to working out, I am always looking for the best ways to get through particularly difficult workouts. And after a few years of trial and error, I think I have just the solution. Whilst I never believe in a one size fits all approach. I do believe that you will be able to find something that works or helps even just a little bit.
- Foam rolling: I cannot stress the benefits of foam rolling enough. Personally I like to foam roll both before and after a workout. And whilst foam rolling isn’t for everyone as it can be a bit intense. It does help stretch out muscles and ease sore muscles.
- Hydration: Hydration is important to all our lives wether we workout or not. But if you are getting a sweat session or two into your week, then it is even more important. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids, before, during and after. This will help with your recovery and any aches and pains.
- Stretching: If you’ve had a personal trainer or been to any workout class. Then you know how important stretching is. Personally I almost always feel too tired to stretch, but after missing this important step one too many times. I now know and can see the difference when I actually do stretch.
- Warm up: Like stretching after a workout. Getting a good warm up is very important to ensuring your muscles are able to handle the stress of an intense workout. While it may not seem necessary. A good warm up can help protect muscles from any undue stress and harm.
- Sleep: The more you workout, the more you need to rest and sleep. For every hour I workout, I like to add another hour to my sleep. Sleep helps the body to recover quicker and prepare it for what is to come.