As a doctoral (PhD) student in the field of law, there is so much pressure and expectations to write ‘excellently’. I recently fell into this ‘pressure trap’ which left me feeling discouraged, insecure, anxious and even amplified the unwanted imposter syndrome. The one thing I started implementing to address these challenges was to recite daily affirmations. In all honesty, I think that these affirmations have contributed significantly toward improving my writing, managing my writing anxiety and keeping me motivated and grounded.
Here are 6 powerful writing affirmations that I have been reciting daily:
- I am a successful black woman!
- I am a good writer!
- My ideas matter, and are worth putting down on paper!
- It is okay to make mistakes because I always learn from them. Writing is a learning process!
- Everyday, I have the energy to work on my thesis, and I look forward to writing sessions and doing what needs to be done to be productive!
- I can and I will finish my thesis!
Do you have daily affirmations?