Written by: Admin_SheEvo
We all deal with disappointment of all kinds every single day of our lives. From disappointing loved ones. To general disappointments in work and life. And as someone who has dealt with her fair share of disappointments, I can tell you now that being faced with disappointment can make you want to give up on life. It can be heartbreaking, exhausting and sometimes even soul crushing. But if I have learnt one thing it is that disappointment does not last . And that with time and patience, things can and often do turn a corner. But what do you do when you are in the thick of it? When disappointment has hit you one too many times and you feel like lying in bed crying yourself to sleep? Well, personally I believe in allowing yourself to feel your disappointment. It may be uncomfortable. But feeling it is part of what makes you change things for the better. And then you have to move forward. Here are some tools you can use to deal with disappointment in various aspects of your life.
- Acknowledge the situation for what it is and reflect on what you could or should have done differently. This may make you sad and maybe even disappointed in yourself for dropping the ball (if you did). What ever the situation, ensure that you give yourself a time frame to feel bad, sad or what ever it is you need to feel.
- Allow yourself to feel the pain and sorrow that sometimes comes with disappointment.
- Make the appropriate course correction to ensure you are not disappointed again or at least that where possible, you minimize your chances of being disappointed.
- Have a game plan in place for how to do or make things better.
- Remember that failure and disappointment is part of life. If we went through life without feeling disappointed then we can never celebrate when we succeed or when we feel pride.