Written by: Admin_SheEvo
I’ve never been a manicure type of girl. But with warmer weather just around the corner, I am more motivated than ever to up my self care game. And what better way to express myself than by doing my nails. And whilst i am no professional. I have been inspired by all the nail inspiration I have been seeing all over social media. And with masks being the new normal, which means my go to mood boosting red lip is out the window. Nail art, or rather nail care seems like the way to go. Which is why I’ve started to focus my attention on perfecting the best at home manicure possible that I can do in front of the TV. Here are some of of my go to tips for an at home manicure.
- Clean hands by using a hand scrub of your choice. If you don’t have a scrub, simply mix some sugar with a bit of olive oil.
- Clean nails using nail polish remover to remove any oil and grime
- Prep nails by pushing back the nail beds. And if you feel so inclined use a clipper to clip pieces of dead skin on your nails. Note that this is not necessary and should only be done if you have time and patience.
- Trim nails using a nail file and nail clippers if your nails are too long.
- Apply clear under coat and let dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Apply a thin even coat of nail polish and let dry for a further 20 minutes.
- Follow up with a second coat of nail polish and let dry again for 20 minutes.
- Finish off manicure with a clear top coat and let dry for at least 30 minutes.