Written by: Admin_SheEvo
When ever anyone talks about living a healthier life, I get a sinking feeling in ly stomach. In large part because whilst eating and living a healthy life may seem obvious to some. It is complicated to others. Which is why we want to break down health and what it means for each of us. Whilst healthy means and looks different on all of us. Generally speaking, being healthy means that your body operates at its optimum level. What does this mean exactly. Well to know this answer you have to ask yourself a few questions. Chief among them being when do you feel you have the most energy. And when do you feel the most tired. For me, I know that I feel most awake and at peak health when I am working out regularly, drinking my morning lemon water, drinking more water in general and getting outside every day.
Whilst the above mentioned things are pretty much the fundamentals for everyone. I have noticed that for me, they actually work. And I do see and feel a difference. Another daily habit that improves both my mental and physical health is cooking. Whilst cooking for some is a stressful endeavor. For me it is an opportunity to be creative and feed my body the food it craves and likes. This can be anything from pasta to soup or roast chicken. What ever it is that time I take to prepare food is integral to ensuring that I actively partake in my overall well being.
With that being said, not everyone feels the same way. Which is why I want to take it back to basics and go back to tried and true habits we can all use for a better and healthier life.
- Drink water firs thing in the morning and throughout the day
- Limit refined sugars from sweets and soft drinks
- Focus on feeding your body whole foods like fruits, vegetables, good quality protein like meat and fish and whole grains like brown rice and pastas when possible.
- Move your body. Before having a child I thought moving my body just meant working out but now I know that even going for a walk in the park with my daughter counts as movement. No fancy equipment or data needed to stream a workout.
- Get enough sleep by going to sleep at a reasonable hour. Depending on your body and your needs, aim for anything between 7 and 9 hours of sleep a night.
- Do something you love every single day. Love drawing, find time to draw every day, even if it is for five minutes. Love fashion? Sit back and enjoy your favorite fashion magazine. What ever it is, ensure that you do what you love every single day even if it is for 5 minutes.