Written by: Admin_SheEvo
Here in the South of France where I live, things are starting to heat up. Just enough to shed a layer or two of winter clothes, but not enough to only wear summer clothes. Back home in South Africa, things are cooling down and in this interim period, no matter where you live. We are all starting to look to pieces that can take us through these in-between periods. Since I've been going through a bit of style rut I thought it imperative to welcome the new season with some key essentials. Pieces that are as stylish as they are practical.
- A light coat & leather jacket: Nothing says transitional dressing like a light coat or jacket. I like to change between my leather jacket, and my trench coat. Both are warm enough for those chilly days but not so warm that they make you sweat.
- Well-fitted jeans: It's amazing how many outfits you can create with a good pair of jeans. I found mine at fast fashion brand Mango and I wear them all the time. The denim is nice and thick and the fit is just perfect.
- Go to t-shirt: I've never thought about good basics as much as I do now. these days I love finding good quality basics like t-shirts in natural materials like cotton or linen. I am a sucker for a good stripped t-shirt but I also love a basic white t.
- Easy to wear flats: As a mom to a toddler, I can say that my heel days are far behind me for now. Instead, I am constantly in the search for good flat shoes. For transitional weather where boots are too warm, I like to reach for a pair of leather ballet flats or a good pair of white trainers.
- Satin skirt: Whilst the weather isn't quite warm enough to wear dresses. I am one for layering my cashmere sweater with a satin skirt, t-shirt and leather jacket.
- Cashmere jersey: Since buying my cashmere jersey a few years ago, I have never looked back. And before you think you have to spend a pretty penny, think again. There are so many affordable options to try. From second hand to sales or shops like uniqlo which stock a selection of affordable cashmere jerseys.